LCP Writers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LCP Writers Forum

Where writers of all levels exchange ideas, discuss the craft, and talk about publishing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Are You Writing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brenda Hill, Admin
Admin
Brenda Hill, Admin

What Are You Writing?  Empty
PostSubject: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Most of my novels have been in the mystery/suspense genre, and I'd started a new one, but I got so far and just quit. I think I burned out after all the research necessary for With Full Malice. So last year I wrote The-House-Serpent-Lake, a paranormal romance, and loved that genre. I've started another one, but I've had requests for the next mystery/suspense, so I'm not sure which one I'll finish first.

Have any of you had that problem?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Victoria Howard, Mod
Admin
Victoria Howard, Mod

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:10 am

I'm currently working on my fourth novel, a romantic suspense set in the Highlands of Scotland. I've written three chapters so far, but have been distracted of late for various reasons, so have set it to one side. I also have several chapters of another manuscript written, this time the action takes place in a small village in Derbyshire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
krbarnett

krbarnett

PostSubject: What Are You Writing?   What Are You Writing?  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:16 pm

A small village in Derbyshire? Really, Victoria? How funny. I just finished with Ancestry.com and can trace my maternal ancestry back to the 1300's in Derbyshire (surname Sheldon) around the villages of Monyash, Asheford-on-the-Water and Sheldon. First there was Richard Sheldon, coming from Norfolk.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Howard, Mod
Admin
Victoria Howard, Mod

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:42 pm

It just goes to show what a small world it really is, Ken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
Domenic Pappalardo

Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi, guys. I have been working on a book since 1996, "Clay of the Gods." In between working on this I have written five other books...I have yet to submit anything.
Clay of the Gods is the Bible, but with all the corrections to match the scrolls, the Bible was taken from. What I have done is breath life into the characters...without changing Gods written word.
When most people ask, "What is it about?" I used to answer, "The Bible." That would turn them off, So now I just reply, "It's about people."
Writing this has taken, and given me a deep look into scripture...did you know Moses wife was black? they don't show that in the movies. And after the flood, Noahs son, Ham had sex with his mother! The best part is what took place in the garden between, Adam, the women he later renamed Eve, an angel named Sammual, and Satan...
The part right after Adam was created, and what took place in Heaven...is what this mess is all about, and the true reason Jesus had to be dead for three days. The book is written like I write fiction, but sticking to facts that match the scrolls the Bible was taken from. I was 80 this month, so I may never get this book done....but I will keep at it as long as I can.

If you have seen my FB, I set it up with something in mind. It is 90% actors, directors, and producers...One producer, derector has an interes in a section of Clay of the Gods..Jonah.

I like the looks of this form. it is easy to move around in..I am sure it will grow. I'll post a lead to in on my FB.
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill, Admin
Admin
Brenda Hill, Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Glad you like it here, Domenic. We started out great, then most of us became busy with other things and allowed the forum to lag. Would be nice if more writers joined and talked about the craft, their work, what they hope to accomplish, and to offer advice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Domenic Pappalardo

Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 12:28 am

Forums have up and down curves. As to writers joining to learn, most new writers think their work is ready to publish, and with the web any fool can put a book out for sale. I used to work in high schools with kids. Most don't read books. Most are not good readers. That's not saying they don't know how to read words, they grew up watching TV, and movies...their imagination never fully developed.
Today short stories sell better than a full book. many writers forum turn into chat rooms. They talk about everything but writing stories. The world has changed and is still changing...I like the old world I was born into...so I keep writing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying books are dead...The web is a great place to sell books...the pile of junk books on the web a writer has to throw his work into holds me back from publishing on the web. Maybe some day, some how it will get cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Writing?    What Are You Writing?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are You Writing?
Page 1 of 1