LCP Writers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LCP Writers Forum

Where writers of all levels exchange ideas, discuss the craft, and talk about publishing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

With Full Malice query

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brenda Hill, Admin
Admin
Brenda Hill, Admin

With Full Malice query Empty
PostSubject: With Full Malice query   With Full Malice query EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:35 pm

During our last Novel Writers Workshop, we talked about writing a mini-synopsis for queries. For With Full Malice, I wrote and rewrote the query countless times, sent it, received a request for the full manuscript, then a contract offer.

With Full Malice query

When a paroled child molester is shot execution style in a quiet California town below Big Bear, a shortage of reporters forces traumatized food critic, Madison Young, to cover the story. She traces clues, shocked when they reveal a connection to the man who slaughtered her parents, horrified at the evidence of a secret society, a vast and deadly organization whose tentacles invade her own life. When her editor dies mysteriously and her own life is threatened, Madison discovers no one is who they seem, and few can be trusted. With the Society closing in, she turns to family friend, Homicide Detective Dexter Quinn. Together, they unravel the layers of deceit to discover a terrifying adversary—one who’ll stop at nothing to protect the Society’s secrets.

I concluded with the standard credits, then closed - look forward to hearing from you, etc, etc.

Hope this helps. I'll try to find another one.

Note: I consulted Don Stephens - friend, expert, and one of our members - for technical advice on firearms.  Thanks again, Don!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com

With Full Malice query
Page 1 of 1