LCP Writers Forum

Where writers of all levels exchange ideas, discuss the craft, and talk about publishing.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

One Hundred Years Ago

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March

PostSubject: One Hundred Years Ago   Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:26 am

One hundred years ago in Belgium, the Germany army faced the British.  The soldiers decided to call a Christmas truce unknown to the Generals.  On TV last night, they showed pictures of German and British soldiers presenting Christmas trees to one another and engaging in a game of Soccer.  After the truce, they were required to start shooting one another.  I can only imagine that many of the shots went over the heads of the declared enemy.  I can’t imagine shooting someone that a day before I had shook his hand and patted him on the back.  War is declared by politicians and top Generals while the troops are supposed to kill the other.  Just doesn’t make sense to me.

On another note, this morning I attended the birthday of my neighbor, Walter Hundt who is 100 years old today.  I sang in both the Men's Choir and the Ev. Church Choir.  Lots of people attended this event. He's sitting with his wife, Gisela who is in her late 80's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.abemarch.com

One Hundred Years Ago
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1