LCP Writers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LCP Writers Forum

Where writers of all levels exchange ideas, discuss the craft, and talk about publishing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
krbarnett

krbarnett

Book Review Empty
PostSubject: Book Review   Book Review EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:28 pm

There are not a lot of books on the Korean War out there and a lot of people don't even know much about it. I have just finished reading a book titled "Devotion" by Adam Makos, and it was brilliant. You don't have to take my word for it either. Just pull it up and read the reviews. I had never heard of it and was put onto it by, of all people, my dentist, whom I had given a copy of one of my books.
"Devotion" is about the first black naval fighter pilot raised in the deep south and his wing man, a well-to-do white pilot from the north. Together they would be called upon to protect the 19,500 Marines surrounded by 100,000 Chinese troops at the Chosin Reservoir. What happens to these two pilots is incredible! How will disregarding specific orders result in the awarding of the "Congressional Medal of Honor"? You may learn some Korean War history by reading this book, but the relationships at home and aboard ship between this black pilot and his fellow naval personnel are foremost to the story.
Back to top Go down

Book Review
Page 1 of 1