LCP Writers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LCP Writers Forum

Where writers of all levels exchange ideas, discuss the craft, and talk about publishing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paranormal Phenomena

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D. J. (Don) Stephens

D. J. (Don) Stephens

Paranormal Phenomena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 am

Excerpt from my short memoir of some of remembrances from my time in the service - MEMORIES

I Believe in Ghosts:

We had been on patrol outside the wire for eight days when this event took place.
I was walking point for a fire team on patrol in the jungle in Southeast Asia.  
It was just getting dark and I was searching for a place where we could hold up for the night.  
Suddenly I thought I saw the figure of a man in the brush about twenty yards ahead of me.  
The man was in dark green fatigues, wearing a bush hat with the brim pinned up on one side.  
As I dropped to one knee and brought my weapon to bear, I saw the man was giving me the hand
signal to stop.  Not being sure who this guy was or what the hell was going on, I immediately
signaled the fire team to freeze.  The stranger gave the danger signal and pointed off to the side,
then he just disappeared.  
I signaled the team to take cover and hold.
As my guys dropped from sight, I crept forward in the direction I had last seen the man.  
As I approached the position where I believed the man had stood, I looked for him or any sign
of where he went.  When I glanced in the direction the man had pointed I was amazed to see a
squad of Viet Cong hiding, waiting in ambush.  I quickly slipped back to the team and led them
around to come up on the ambush from behind.  The resulting firefight broke the ambush and no
one on my fire team got a scratch.
When we returned to base camp several days later, I made my report.  I told about the ambush
and reluctantly even mentioned seeing the man that had warned us of the danger.
A couple of days after that, the officer I had related the incident too, came to me and told me he
had discovered that a French patrol had been wiped out in the same area during an ambush,
several years before, it had been just before the French had surrendered and withdrew from Vietnam.
The guys on the fire team never believed I really saw anything and said it was my Indian blood
that had given me a premonition.

I will believe until the day I die, the man I saw that day was one of the French soldiers
that died there those many years before and by saving my patrol, found peace and could
move on.

Back to top Go down
http://www.djstephens.org
Brenda Hill, Admin
Admin
Brenda Hill, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:58 pm

What a fascinating story. I believe you saw a French soldier too, Don.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Judi Ring

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:52 am

And so do I. I've seen ghosts also, and believe he appeared there deliberately to warn you.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March

Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 am

I'm a believer. Whatever you wish to call it, Ghosts or Spirits, I believe it is the energy that leaves the body when one dies. Sometimes it assumes the form it once had.
My short story: "Eternal Life - Transformation" deals with part of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.abemarch.com
Brenda Hill, Admin
Admin
Brenda Hill, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Your short story sounds intriguing, Abe. Is it on Amazon? I'll go look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Abe F. March

Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Chief Seattle said: "There is no death. Only a change of worlds."
Back to top Go down
http://www.abemarch.com
Domenic Pappalardo

Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 pm

I do believe people see what looks like the dead. Here is my take on dead people. There are several scriptures that tell the condition of the dead. "Dead asleep, unconscious know nothing." there are about 11 such scriptures. Jesus brought a man back to life. He remembered nothing of when he was dead. I can not prove these scriptures are true.
The scriptures also speak of demons who can materialize into forms of those who have lived. Their voice will match the dead person, and they know everything about that person.
I can prove many things in the scriptures, but I can't prove this, any more than any one can prove a "Ghost" is the spirit of a dead person.
I can prove more things of scripture, and can prove nothing of ghost stories. I agree many have seen what they believe is a ghost. If a person can believe in ghost, they should be able to believe in demons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Phenomena   Paranormal Phenomena Empty

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Phenomena
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LCP Writers Forum :: Paranormal Phenomena-
Jump to: