LCP Writers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LCP Writers Forum

Where writers of all levels exchange ideas, discuss the craft, and talk about publishing.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Veterans Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brenda Hill, Admin
Admin
Brenda Hill, Admin

Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Veterans Day   Veterans Day EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:06 pm

To all the men and women who put their lives in danger to protect mine, a grateful

THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
D. J. (Don) Stephens

D. J. (Don) Stephens

Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day   Veterans Day EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Yor're Welcome!

"IT IS THE VETERAN"

It is the Veteran, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Veteran, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the Veteran, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Veteran, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Veteran, who salutes the Flag,
It is the Veteran, who serves under the Flag,
To be buried by the flag,
So the protester can burn the flag.

Author: Anonymous
Back to top Go down
http://www.djstephens.org
Abe F. March

Abe F. March

Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day   Veterans Day EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 am

Excellent, Don.  It is a great summary.  
We who served, whether during conflict or in peace time, were trained to go into action when called upon.  In the past days, there have been celebrations of remembrance throughout Europe.  Armistice Day and The Fall of the Berlin Wall prompted numerous TV programs clips of authentic battle scenes.  Celebrating the end of conflict is beneficial.  This coming Sunday is “Volkstrauertag” – a day of remembrance for the Fallen.  In my view, it doesn’t matter what side a soldier is/was on, he was called to serve and his death left sorrow for his loved ones.  Our Men’s choir along with the Church Choirs (Catholic and Protestant) will sing at the village memorial.  
It is sad to see old Veterans standing before the memorial with tears running down their cheeks as the names of the Fallen are read.  “There, but for the grace of God go I.”  When I hear the stories of surviving men, I can only imagine the conditions they faced before and during their engagement.  My good friend, Hermann Frech whose story I published: “Hermann Frech – On the Way to Siberia” provided me with more insight and understanding.  Being taken right out of the school classroom at age 15, he did what he was ordered to do.  Most of his classmates never returned home.  Remembering and honoring the Fallen is important.  We are reminded of the horrors of war and why it is so important to work for peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.abemarch.com
Sponsored content

Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day   Veterans Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Veterans Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LCP Writers Forum :: Chat Box-
Jump to: